Wednesday, May 23, 2012

GOT MY HOST FAMILY

So today was a pretty normal day.  I went to school, came home, watched a movie, and then it started to rain.  (In literature light rain signifies a change in plot.) I was oddly moved to go outside a play in my rose garden in the rain.  While I was out there, I felt very happy and at ease.  A thought popped into my head: I bet I'll get my host family today.  Now, I thought this about every two weeks and it had been untrue until today.  But this time felt very absolute.  Sure enough, I go inside and check my email like I do routinely.  And I GOT MY HOST FAMILY.  I was so happy, and my whole family was in the room reading over my shoulder.  I'm in MADRID like I wanted to be.  I have a brother one year older and a sister one year younger.  I'm a permanent multiple host family thing, which apparently means I'll have this family until December and then get a new family, still in Madrid, until I leave in July.  I know a few people who have this too, and what I'm guessing will happen is my family will realize how much they love me and keep me the whole year.  That's what usually happens, anyways.  As an exchange student this is the kind of unexpected circumstance that you should...expect.
I wrote them an email in Spanish and English, and I'm very excited to hear back from them.  I'm still shaking but I'm so so so so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment