Saturday, March 23, 2013

Grades: Second Trimester



My grades from the second trimester of school. I think that I did pretty well, considering that I'm graded on my level of Spanish. The teachers don't treat me special. They take off points if I write something bad in Spanish. (Math and physics weren't failed because of a lack of language skills.)

The notes are based on a scale of 1-10, not A-F, and 10 is the highest. No one gets a ten. Literally, no one.

(Well, I did, but I'm fluent in English...)

If you get an 8-9 you're the happiest person in the world. It's like getting a 100 in the States. A 1-4 is failing, but failing is super common. When none of the exams are multiple choice and they count for basically 75 percent of your grade, I don't see how anyone can not fail, much less get a 10.

If you fail...you fail. There should be some things called 'recuperations' coming up, which may help you raise your grade, but at the end of the year the cumulative average is what's important. So there's still a chance for me.

Here's where the US system doesn't match up with the Spanish one. If you get a 5-7, you're happy. If I got a D or a C in the States, I would be upset. I would cry. My parents would disown me. My friend got a 6 here, jumped out of his seat, and did a victory lap around the classroom. I suppose that a 5 isn't failing, and if you're not failing...well, why strive for the near-impossible? I'm happy for a five, although of course we all prefer 10s.

Biology and Geology: 6 Earned it.

History: 5 This includes a ton of studying. APs won't be any problem next year.

Mythology: 7

Physical Education: 6...

Ethics: 8

Physics: A 2!!!!!!!! Not a 0!!!!!!

Computers: 7

English: 10

Spanish: 5

Math: a grade that reflects my lack of effort and abundance of napping in class, a 0

Only failed two= I'm pretty darn happy

No comments:

Post a Comment