Sunday, March 3, 2013

Lo siento!

Lo Siento! I'm sorry! There are really no excuses for not keeping my blog updated. I doesn't matter that I'm in my final exams and that I'm always studying. Or that I'm always tired. (Or that I'm too busy partying to write a blog post, jaja.)

To keep you tied over until a spew of several new posts, here's a fun fact for you:

The direct translation of "lo siento" is "I feel it," although it is used to say "I'm sorry." There is also a word in the Spanish language that is "perdón or perdonad," which technically means "forgive," although it is used for "excuse me." Lo siento is much more of a deep and thoughtful apology, not something you would blurt out if you bumped in to a stranger on the crowded train. I find it sort of beautiful that sometimes the only acceptable apology could be "I feel it," because it shows that you do not just lament, but that you sympathize and you understand.

That's all. See you soon!

Vivian

No comments:

Post a Comment